On this page, I’d like to guide you through the process of what it takes to put your wedding album together.
Firstly, as you’re all aware, the album is a separate purchase. The cost is $1500 (discounted to $1250 if purchased before the wedding) and includes the first 10 spreads (however most couples add extra spreads) in your wedding album. The album as standard is 10×10 inches and is square in shape. This cost includes:
1. A set of images for us to use as proofs to design the album
2. The images to be printed for the album.
3. The time to design and the manufacture of the album.
4. A range of cover materials that you can choose at no extra cost. Upgrade to leather or suede from $100.
5. A matte coating applied to each page that makes the album pages water resistant and more durable.
Most couples choose to add extra spreads to their album as a guide we’ll provide here the price that different sized albums would be.
Extra spreads are available at the price of $100 per spread, Once you reach certain spreads numbers though it can end up cheaper to buy a block of 10 spreads.
10 Spreads – $1250
20 Spreads – $2250
30 Spreads – $2995
40 Spreads – $3495
Duplicate (6×6 inch in size) parent albums are $450 for 1 or $400 each once you order 2 or more. The price for these does not change no matter how many spreads you have!
The album design process is one that is unique to us! After many years of refining and feedback from our clients, we constructed an album layout procedure that actually takes us back to the roots of good customer service and ultra personalisation for the client!
We firmly believe that collaboration is one of the best ways to bring out creativity. Therefore, we work together on the album design process!
What this means to you is:
1. The images YOU want in your album are in the album.
2. You will receive an album design that reflects you and your wedding.
3. We create custom layouts that will fit the images that you would like to showcase.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO BEFORE THE MEETING:
1. Log into your CloudSpot gallery with your email address. Favourite approximately 200 images that we will then have printed to use to design your album. It’s a good idea to include a good variety of dancing images and guest shots, so keep that in mind! We won’t necessarily use every image you choose, the ~200 images are what we select from when designing.
2. Let us know once you’ve favourited the images so that we can print them out! This needs to be done bare minimum 2 weeks before the album meeting to allow time for printing.
The album design process is then done in person with our album designer, Haisley.
When you arrive to your album design meeting, we will have the 200 or so colour images from your wedding printed and ready to help us design your album. The images help us pre-visualise the layout of the album and also help you easily choose your favourite images.
We then literally go through the images together and place them into a book that helps us imagine how the album will look and how the flow of the story will play out.
Haisley makes suggestions about how we can best tell the story as well as produce a beautiful, creative album design, but ultimately you have the last say.
We suggest allowing around 3 hours for this whole process.
From there, we lay out the album digitally and place the order with the manufacturer. The next thing you receive is your wedding album 3 – 4 weeks later.
We order your wedding album the same day as your album meeting, so if there are any changes that need to be made after the meeting, hefty fees will apply as it will result in reordering an entirely new album. If any changes are made between the time of you leaving the design consultation and the time before the album has been ordered a $250 fee will apply.
For any upgrades (extra pages etc.) a 50% deposit is due at the time of the order being placed and 50% is due upon notification the album is ready to collect! Please be ready to make your commitment and payment the day of the album planning meeting as once again, any changes made after this meeting will incur a hefty fee.
What our clients tell us that they love about the process is that it’s all organised in 1 meeting. There’s no frustrating emails going back and forth where you attempt to communicate what would have been so easy to communicate in person. Also, as this process is so streamlined, we are able to meet with you between 2-3 weeks after your wedding to design your album, so you can potentially have your album within 6 weeks of the wedding!
We’re looking forward to seeing you and designing your album with your gorgeous images!
James, Cath & Haisley. 🙂